2022 Master's Level Summer Internship Program
At U.S. Bank, we're passionate about helping customers and the communities where we live and work. The fifth-largest bank in the United States, we're one of the country's most respected, innovative and successful financial institutions. U.S. Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors.
Why U.S. Bank?
Headquartered in Minneapolis, with a presence across the globe, we're passionate about helping customers and the communities where we live and work. As the fifth-largest bank in the United States, we are one of the country's most respected, innovative and successful financial institutions. We're committed to doing the right thing, making smart changes and collaborating for the good of our customers, communities and other stakeholders - and especially for the good of one another. We're proud to be recognized by the Ethisphere Institute as a 2021 World's Most Ethical Company® for seven years running and included on DiversityInc's Top 50 Companies for Diversity. At U.S. Bank, you'll be empowered with the tools you need to succeed in your role and grow your career.
What you'll gain as an intern
Our 10-week paid internship experience is dynamic and tailored to your interests. We think you should spend time doing something you love at a place you're proud to work - not just earning a paycheck.
As an intern, you'll:
- Get hands-on experience solving business and talent needs
- Support communities where we live and work
- Interact with senior executives
- Get paired with a formal mentor
- Attend social and professional development events
- Work on a diverse team
- Develop business acumen
- Perform analysis of high-demand and future talent needs across business lines
- Support design and development of strategic initiatives including talent programs, talent insights, HR strategy and operations, HR services, etc.
- Review and analyze talent data and metrics to identify trends and create summaries
- Present to HR executive leadership team at completion of summer internship
Human Resources Leadership Development Program
Upon successful completion of the summer internship, you'll be eligible to apply for our Human Resources Leadership Development Program (HRLDP). During the 27-month development program, you'll:
- Participate in three nine-month rotations through different areas of HR, enhancing HR core competency knowledge
- Continue development through leadership training events
- Engage with leadership through mentoring opportunities
- Experience a variety of tactical and strategic assignments that will challenge you and let you create and improve HR processes and programs
- Engage in project work to help move business and talent strategies forward
- Meet and present to senior leadership
Upon successful completion of the HRLDP, you may be permanently placed in one of the following job profiles:
- Talent consultant
- Compensation consultant
- Talent and Culture program manager
- Data and Insights analyst
- Key position in an HR Center of Excellence or HR Operations team
- Pursuing a master's level degree in Human Resources or related field
- At least four years of related work experience
- Preferred experience and expertise in talent management or a related Human Resources function
- Effective written and verbal communication skills within a business context
- Ability to think and work independently with a professional demeanor and receive dynamic on-the-job training
- Experience building presentations and utilizing basic data visualization techniques
Take care of yourself and your family with U.S. Bank employee benefits. We know that healthy employees are happy employees, and we believe that work/life balance should be easy to achieve. That's why we share the cost of benefits and offer a variety of programs, resources and support you need to bring your full self to work and stay present and committed to the people who matter most - your family.
Learn all about U.S. Bank employee benefits, including tuition reimbursement, retirement plans and more, by visiting
EEO is the Law
Applicants can learn more about the company's status as an equal opportunity employer by viewing the federal EEO is the Law poster.
U.S. Bank participates in the U.S. Department of Homeland Security E-Verify program in all facilities located in the United States and certain U.S. territories. The E-Verify program is an Internet-based employment eligibility verification system operated by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. Learn more about the E-Verify program.