Technical Writer/Strategist - AppleCare Digital
Posted: Mar 14, 2023
We're looking for a seasoned writer and content strategist to craft simple, user-focused content for AppleCare Digital Support. Your work will help customers and advisors find the answers they need, when and where they need them! You'll be challenged to wear several hats: Writer, editor, planner, creative thinker, user advocate, and data analyst! We need someone who approaches problems with creativity, curiosity, and an analytical perspective. Someone who can build consensus, learn quickly, explore both simple and technical topics, meet tight deadlines, think globally, and collaborate cross-functionally-all while keeping a cool head and positive attitude. You'll dive into the details, yet write with total economy and always have the bigger picture in mind. You're confident in your work, yet you listen to others, always keeping our customers as your top priority.
- Excellent communication, collaboration, and organizational skills
- Experience writing sleek, user-focused content (technical writing is a plus)
- Experience creating content plans and using data to make decisions
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks for several projects at the same time, often on short timelines
- Understanding of basic usability principles
- Experience writing content for desktop, mobile, and other apps and channels (experience with single-source content/CMS is a plus)
- Ability to synthesize content requests and data from multiple sources into cohesive content plans
- Experience with style guides (experience writing globally and accessibly is a plus)
As a writer-strategist, you will be responsible for planning and writing support content that's easy to find, use, and understand. You'll work closely with SEO leads, project managers, and designers. You'll conduct content reviews with key collaborators from engineering, product marketing, and legal teams. This role requires you to think critically about the content you create: How content fits together, what content to write, how customers will use it, when they'll need it, and how they'll find it. You will identify content gaps and propose logical ways to fill them based on data. You'll review content plans, progress, and results with partners and senior managers, and you'll track critical metrics to measure content efficiency and optimize/improve content as needed.
Education & Experience
BA/BS degree in Technical Communications (preferred), a writing discipline, or related field