Experience Design Lead, Corporate Onboarding
At U.S. Bank, we're on a journey to do our best. Helping the customers and businesses we serve to make better and smarter financial decisions and enabling the communities we support to grow and succeed. We believe it takes all of us to bring our shared ambition to life, and each person is unique in their potential. A career with U.S. Bank gives you a wide, ever-growing range of opportunities to discover what makes you thrive at every stage of your career. Try new things, learn new skills and discover what you excel at all from Day One.
The Corporate Banking team at U.S Bank is looking for an Experience Design lead to help hire and manage a net new offshore design team that will focus on servicing our corporate banking customers. Under the guidance of the Head of Design for corporate banking, the lead will direct work and and drive strategy for task and experience across a variety of journeys -- payments, dashboarding, onboarding and more.
This position will work with business, technology and delivery leadership to integrate UXDesign fully into the agile workflow of Investment Services. This position will also be hands on with all design work to ensure it is accessible, effective and aligns/extends our digital design system. The actual design team will be offshore.
The Lead is the "go to" leader of design for product(s) with high profit potential & business criticality; highly independent. Facilitative leader leveraging Design Thinking methods to guide group collaboration, ideation +customer-centeredproblem-solving. Ensures we're creating best-in-class designs, experiences, artifacts & documentation by defining standards, continually evolving and inspiring top quality from team members all based in solid, customer-obsessed research. Determines objective quantitative and qualitative ways to measure AMAZING in their practice area, applies measures & constantly raises the bar. Actively leads their core community of practice and improves skills & knowledge by mentoring including product practitioners outside UXDesign. Builds strong relationships with other senior contributors in their product team(s) including product owner, TOS lead, risk, and the line of business. Also builds relationships outside product team and introduces others to benefits of great design. Provides visible thought leadership at U.S. Bank by presenting, speaking, writing & actively contributing in internal forums and outside professional groups. Cultivates a strong professional network & actively recruits new team members.
- Bachelor's degree (preferred emphasis on Service Design, Experience Architecture or Information Architecture), or equivalent experience
- Eight or more years of related work experience, such as UX or digital industry
Four or more years of team leadership experience
Experience in corporate banking or comparable highly complex, transactional industries .
- Experience integrating design teams and processes into an Agile model
Experience running offshore design teams
4 or more years of experience in UXDesign people management roles
- Financial Industry experience designing digital products; experiences in corporate banking, treasury management, or investment services a huge plus
Considerable knowledge of user experience (UX) best practices, interactive design principles, information architecture, and experience architecture; Service Design knowledge a plus
- Proven experience developing new teams and processes
- Considerable knowledge of design thinking process and framework, and familiarization with workshop and co-creations; proven ability to evangelize the value of design
- Considerable knowledge of website architecture, interactive design principles, and web usability
- Experience with user-centered design from concept to delivery
- Experience working within a user-centered product methodology
Experience working within and extending design systems
- Experience/familiarity with CSS and responsive design
- Familiar with common design software
- Experience working in a cross-channel environment, including desktop/laptop, mobile, devices and; internal facing systems experience a plus
- Experience collaborating with large teams
- Strong communication, facilitation and presentation skills
- Ability to problem-solve and work independently
This role is hybrid . Team members who are in a hybrid role typically spend three days a week at a U.S. Bank location, while having flexibility on their work location for the other working days.
If there's anything we can do to accommodate a disability during any portion of the application or hiring process, please refer to our disability accommodations for applicants .
Learn how the way we work at U.S. Bank drives meaningful relationships with our customers and collaboration across the company.
Our approach to benefits and total rewards considers our team members' whole selves and what may be needed to thrive in and outside work. That's why our benefits are designed to help you and your family boost your health, protect your financial security and give you peace of mind. Our benefits include the following (some may vary based on role, location or hours):
- Healthcare (medical, dental, vision)
- Basic term and optional term life insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability
- Pregnancy disability and parental leave
- 401(k) and employer-funded retirement plan
- Paid vacation (from two to five weeks depending on salary grade and tenure)
- Up to 11 paid holiday opportunities
- Adoption assistance
- Sick and Safe Leave accruals of one hour for every 30 worked, up to 80 hours per calendar year unless otherwise provided by law
EEO is the Law
U.S. Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors. Applicants can learn more about the company's status as an equal opportunity employer by viewing the federal KNOW YOUR RIGHTS EEO poster.
U.S. Bank participates in the U.S. Department of Homeland Security E-Verify program in all facilities located in the United States and certain U.S. territories. The E-Verify program is an Internet-based employment eligibility verification system operated by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. Learn more about the E-Verify program .The salary range reflects figures based on the primary location, which is listed first. The actual range for the role may differ based on the location of the role. In addition to salary, US Bank offers a comprehensive benefits package, including incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase 401k contribution and pension (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). Pay Range: $119,595.00 - $140,700.00 - $154,770.00