Full Stack Developer
About Matrix Retail
We invent, design, build, and implement workforce optimization solutions for specialty retailers.
We believe that service matters, payroll is an investment, and employees are essential to brand profitability. We build long-term, win-win partnerships to help our clients deliver their brand promise.
We think like retailers because we are retailers. Matrix was founded in 2005 by experienced retailers who have built tools that have written millions and millions of schedules. Our retail experience has helped us develop solutions and approaches that address the unique challenges and opportunities of specialty retail, while also differentiating us in the marketplace.
About the Role
We are looking for a Full Stack Developer, with a heavier emphasis on front-end development, to produce scalable software solutions. You’ll be part of a cross-functional team that’s responsible for the full software development life cycle, from conception to deployment.
As a Full Stack Developer, you should be comfortable around both front-end and back-end coding languages, development frameworks and third-party libraries.
You should be able to write clean code and ensure your programs run properly. We also expect you to be passionate about building software and perform well working in a team.
Because we are a small team, you will have big responsibility, and will be expected to have a knack for visual design and utility.
- Work with development teams and product managers to ideate software solutions
- Design client-side and server-side architecture
- Build the front-end of applications through appealing visual design
- Develop and manage well-functioning databases and applications
- Write effective APIs
- Test software to ensure responsiveness and efficiency
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade software
- Create security and data protection settings
- Build features and applications with a mobile responsive design
- Write technical documentation
- Keep up-to-date with emerging technologies and industry trends and apply them into operations and activities
- Maintain, expand, and scale our application as assigned
- Monitor and address operational and security concerns in production systems
- Proven experience as a Full Stack Developer or similar role (5+ years experience)
- Good ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment, learn rapidly and master diverse web technologies and techniques
- Experience developing desktop and mobile applications
- Familiarity with Linux servers and deployment strategies, including Docker and Kubernetes
- Knowledge of front-end languages and libraries (React, Ember.js, SCSS)
- Knowledge of Python backed APIs and libraries (Flask, Sanic)
- Familiarity with SQL databases and NoSQL databases (e.g. Postgres, Redis)
- Understanding of technology compliance and systems security
- Strong problem solving skills with a creative approach
- Solid grasp of UI/UX best practices and techniques
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Great attention to detail
- Organizational skills
- An analytical and curious mind
- BS in Computer Science or relevant field and experience