Customer Support Specialist I-WEEKEND REMOTE
Are you a proactive problem solver who can make decisions and figure things out? Is keeping your customers highly informed one of the aspects they love about you? Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment with tons of variety and change? Do you take pride in the details, making sure that you have accurate and precise information? ELITE Transit Solutions is looking for a customer service guru to join the weekend team!
This is a remote role with in-office training required for the first five weeks.
Training schedule will be Monday-Friday 0800-1700 EST.
Permanent schedule will be Friday-Monday 11:00am-10:00pm EST.
ABOUT THE ROLE Customer Support Specialist I:
The primary function of a Customer Support Specialist I (CSS I) at ELITE is to support the customer support team to which they are assigned and to provide superior customer service to our clients. As a CSS I, you will use our innovative transportation management technology to schedule freight movements for your team. In addition, this role also is critical to reinforcing the brand promise of ELITE to provide every client, big or small, with industry-leading on-time delivery (OTD) and pickup (OTP) rates and best-in-class customer service levels at competitive prices.
ELITE Transit Solutions is a rapidly growing third-party logistics (3PL) company with an office in the vibrant South End neighborhood of Charlotte. Surround yourself with highly motivated individuals who bring hustle and heart to work every day! At ELITE, we match our shipping partners with the best carriers possible to push the supply chain forward and provide the top customer service in the biz.
Our proprietary technology is pushing us forward & there are big things on the horizon!
Come be part of our team and build something Distinctly ELITE.
- Benefits (medical, dental and vision) start the first of the month following your start date!
- Student Loan Reimbursement (up to $1200/year)
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Mental Health Floating Holiday
- Diversity Floating Holiday-take time for unique celebrations!
- 401(k) with match
- Parental Leave
- Door DashPass for Work
- Commuter Benefits
- Working Advantage Discount Program
- Dell Discount Program
- Employee Referral Program
- Modern comforts-open air with couches, lounges, and natural light no cubicles here!
- Competitive spirit-take a break and challenge your neighbor to an office competition (pool or ping pong anyone?)
- Casual dress-You do your best work when you re comfortable. Our offices have a casual dress code.
- Free Bevvys-Fuel up with free coffee, tea, and snacks throughout the day. After your shift, pour a pint from our draft beer selection.
- Growth opportunity-ELITE is rapidly expanding! Get yourself on the fast track to management.
- Collaborate-We work in teams, toward one goal. Bring your best ideas to the front!
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Understand transit times to efficiently schedule pickup and delivery.
- Act as the point person for scheduling conflicts of loads.
- Effectively communicate with both internal and external personnel.
- Maintain frequent communication between facilities creating appointments.
- Relay accurate confirmation and pickup numbers to appropriate parties.
- Use EDI to accept shipments, changes, and cancelations.
- Understand how to build a load.
- Upload load tenders when needed.
- Make sound decisions as part of daily tasks.
- Maintain strong attention to detail.
- Maintain professional communication in all aspects.
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Desire to work in a fast-paced, high-energy office environment.
- Comfortability with repetition.
- Strong multi-tasking skills.
- Ability to field a high call volume while also working on the computer.
- Ability to take initiative in daily tasks.
- Successful customer service experience.
- Experience in logistics is preferred.
- 2 or 4-year degree from an accredited university is preferred.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
Elite Transit Solutions, and its subsidiaries, are proud to be equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity or expressions, or other characteristics protected by law. Elite Transit Solutions also makes reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities who are otherwise qualified to perform a job unless such accommodations would impose an undue hardship.