Let's do something that really matters.
At USAA, we have an important mission:
facilitating the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. Not all of our employees served in our nation's military, but we all share in the mission to give back to those who did. We're working as one to build a great experience and make a real impact for our members.
We believe in our core values of honesty, integrity, loyalty and service. They're what guides everything we do â ¬“ from how we treat our members to how we treat each other. Come be a part of what makes us so special!
We are looking for a mid-level Business Advisor within the bank, specifically for the Bill Payments & Funds Transfer group. You will help with the modernization efforts across multiple product lines
Advises collaborators by providing business planning guidance to include research, development, planning and implementation of procedures and processes to increase business viability and ensure compliance and/or product competitiveness and profitable growth. Develops and implements solutions to influence business decisions for relevant line(s) of business. Assists with the development of best in practice solutions to complex business challenges. Identifies opportunities to change, improve, or streamline existing business projects and initiatives. Identifies regulatory and/or operational gaps within the experience to mitigate key risks associated with financial, reputational or member harm.
This position is a hybrid work type and can be based in one of the following locations:
San Antonio, TX; Plano, TX; Phoenix, AZ; Charlotte, NC; Colorado Springs, CO or Tampa, FL. Hybrid roles help employees gain the best of both worlds â ¬“ collaborating in-person in the office and working from home when needed to achieve focused results.
What you'll do:
- Identifies opportunities and provides guidance on procedure and process improvements to influence business optimization.
- Collaborates with enterprise partners to facilitate the development of business rules, requirements and artifacts for business projects, processes and initiatives.
- Defines acceptance criteria, requirements, provides artifacts and acquires approvals for business processes/initiatives and responsible for required documentation of business decisions.
- Coordinates with appropriate collaborators and program/project sponsors to help ensure successful product and initiative implementation.
- Coordinates training, communications such as job aids and related activities for new processes, procedures and/or product changes.
- Conducts periodic testing against key controls and take necessary actions to address issues
- Assists with the development and execution of operational reporting.
- Assists in the collection and documentation of business decisions in accordance with enterprise record retention standards.
- Identifies and handles existing and emerging risks that stem from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are optimally identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies, standards, and procedures for business activities.
What you have:
- Bachelor's degree; OR 4
years of related experience (in addition to the minimum years of experience required) may be substituted in lieu of degree.
years of project management, process consulting, or business optimization planning experience.
- Proficient knowledge of industry technology applications such as Salesforce, SharePoint, Portal, CRM, CBS, Fiserve, KDIM, Fidelity, Metric Stream or other industry related applications.
- Proven experience in developing communications and delivering key information optimally to collaborators and all levels of management to influence decisions centered around business optimization.
- Knowledge of risk management frameworks and regulatory requirements for applicable LOB.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office tools.
What sets you apart:
years experience with change management.
years experience with bill payments and/or funds transfer.
- US military experience through military service or a military spouse/domestic partner.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
What we offer:
USAA has an effective process for assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your experience and market data of the position. The actual salary for this role may vary by location. The salary range for this position is:
$65,090 - $124,330.
Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on overall corporate and individual performance and at the discretion of the USAA Board of Directors.
At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their physical, financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension, life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education assists employees with their professional goals.
For more details on our outstanding benefits, please visit our benefits page on USAAjobs.com.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
USAA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Estimated Salary: $20 to $28 per hour based on qualifications.